Both recovering from past divorces, Al and Mary worried how to make their finances work. They dreamed of living in a beautiful neighborhood â€“ but couldnâ€™t possibly afford it. See what happened to turn their dream into a paid in full reality.
- [Narrator] Al and Mary Chickremember taking long walks
around this scenic neighborhoodin the Pacific Northwest,
after they were first married.
- We would decide thatit was time to exercise,
and take off, and come up to this area.
- We always kind of dreamed about one day
this would be a great placeto live, up here on the hill.
- [Narrator] But theydidn't have the money.
Prior divorces had left eachof them in financial trouble.
- It was a few bucks in thebank and a pickup truck,
and that's just about allthat I owned to my name.
I had just started this new business,
and so I was living basicallypaycheck to paycheck.
- Going through a divorce,
and not really having a lot to divide,
and bills to pay, was scary.
I was asking God how Iwas gonna make this work,
and I think He clearlyspoke to me, and said,
"you need to give andI will care for you,".
And amazingly, through God's grace,
I was able to pay every bill.
I think it is God'sresponse to my faithfulness.
- [Narrator] When she met and married Al,
he was already giving,
he learned about it from the 700 club.
- I remember about thebenefits of tithing,
and that you can't out give God,
and so I kind of tested it.
- [Narrator] Even duringdownturns in the economy,
the couple obeyed God's call to give.
One place they gave to, was CBN.
- I just always feel confident
that the money that I give there,
is going to a great cause,
and that it's actuallymeeting needs for little kids,
and helping them out andthose are the stories
that still get to me today.
- [Narrator] They say faithful giving took
Al's medical supplies businessfrom a two man operation
to a 50 person sales team.
- God has opened up theseopportunities for us,
and that's one of the waysI think He does give back.
You know, we test Him,we give a little bit,
and the benefits are incredible.
- [Narrator] Now Al and Mary don't just
walk around that beautiful neighborhood.
They live there, in a homethat's completely paid off.
- Things have never lookedbetter, financially.
- Ask God, you know, straightout, as a 700 club member,
and see if God doesn't bless you
and bring opportunities to you,
that allow you to give alot more in the future.