Unbelievable but true: The Ma family in China drank water from potholes because thatâ€™s all they had. The oldest daughter got sick and died after drinking it. CBNâ€™s China ministry saw their suffering and responded. See how compassionate ...
- [Narrator] The Ma family lives
in a barren mountainous region
where much of the timethere is very little rain.
For years the only placethey could find water
was in potholes or muddyponds miles from home.
- [Interpreter] Therewas a lot of bacteria
and lots of parasites in it.
It's sour and hard to swallow.
- [Interpreter] I can't stand it.
It's yellow and smells awful.
- [Interpreter] I hate this dirty water.
- [Narrator] Mrs Ma will never forget
how her oldest daughter got an infection
from drinking the bad water and died.
- [Interpreter] Her intestines ruptured.
I still remember her moaning,
"Daddy, please save me."
- [Narrator] After their daughter's death
the family was extra carefulabout boiling the water
but still scared to drink it.
- [Interpreter] I was afraidthat I might be tortured by it.
And die like my sister.
- [Narrator] The Ma'sson was in the hospital
with inflamed intestines several times.
- [Interpreter] He got better
but there was always the threat of death.
- [Interpreter] I madea wish from my heart
that one day I wouldn'thave to drink it anymore.
[Narrator] Her wish came truewhen CBN came to their village
and found out about the water problem.
We quickly built cisterns for the Ma's
and other families in the village.
We also gave them water filters.
- [Interpreter] I'll never forget seeing
the clean water for the first time.
The flavor is so sweet.
- [Interpreter] Now my brother and I drink
as much water as we want
and we don't worry aboutgetting sick or dying.
- [Interpreter] Thank youCBN because of your love
we will always have good clean water.
- [Narrator] And now the whole family
has something else too.
- [Interpreter] When CBN shared the story
of Jesus, I accepted him.
- [Narrator] And soon, hiswife and children did too.
- [Interpreter] He brought us all peace
and I want everyone inmy village to know Jesus.
With your help we haveclean water for our bodies.
And now we have living waterthat nourishes our souls too.