Shanti and Claudia moved before the real estate bubble burst and couldnâ€™t sell their home. Accumulating debt forced them into bankruptcy. See the strategies that rebuilt their finances and led to prosperity.
- [Narrator] When Shanti and Claudia
moved from Florida to Virginia
for a new job,
they had nothing but highhopes for their future.
- We were ready for a newchange for our family,
although we were leaving behind
many family members and friends,
it was exciting time.
- [Narrator] The couple rented a house
while they put theirold home on the market.
Unfortunately, it was 2007,
and the housing market was slowing down.
Now they had to pay for botha mortgage, and their rent.
- You have to always be two steps
in trying to figure outwhat you're gonna do.
So there's not a lot of peace in it
when you're just depending on yourself.
- [Narrator] In a short time,
Shanti saw hiscommission-based income wane.
As the bills mounted,
they took out loans, andmaxed out credit cards,
just to meet monthly expenses.
- I bought things when I knew that I
didn't have the money
to pay back the credit cards.
We started using loans to pay the bills
on the house in Florida.
Things were really justgetting out of control.
- [Narrator] At one point they were down
to their last two dollars.
- We just couldn't pay anything anymore.
And it was scary,
cause we didn't knowwhat we were going to do.
- [Narrator] By now, they'ddropped the asking price
for their home down to halfof what they still owed,
but it still wouldn't sell.
Soon their house was in foreclosure,
and before long, they hadto file for bankruptcy.
- You have nothing
and you need that monkey off your back.
And so that was a verylow point, for sure.
- [Narrator] They knew they couldn't
get out of theirfinancial mess themselves.
So they prayed to Godand decided to tithe.
- We realized that
we needed to be obedient to God.
- Even when we didn't have anything,
we still tithed, andit felt right to tithe.
- [Narrator] They also began
selling their personal belongings.
They continued to trust God to provide.
Then, a few months later,
they finally saw the turnaround
they'd been praying for.
- The jobs just startedpouring in for Shanti,
and everything just started taking off.
We knew that it was God
that provided for us at that moment.
It was amazing to have extra money.
- More clients, more sales,
it's a miracle, it's awesome.
I wasn't scrambling to get to the bank
to pay the bills.
They were paid.
- [Narrator] Shanti and Claudiawere able to save again,
and they increased their giving.
Claudia also startedwatching the 700 Club,
and they became partners.
- I liked everything that CBN did.
Disaster relief, surgeries for kids.
They seemed to just be all over the place
and I wanted to be a part of that.
- [Narrator] Today, Shanti and Claudia
rebuilt their credit,
and have since bought a new home.
Their income has doubled,
and they currently giveat the Founders level.
They love to give,
and they love the joy ofbeing obedient to God.
- If you just walk in faith,
give your tithe, give your gifts,
He will take care of you.