What do you do when you feel like youâ€™re not â€œokayâ€ with God? We donâ€™t go by feelings but by what God says!
- Welcome to The Superbook Show.
- Yes, welcome everybody,
and today we have a question for you.
Do you ever not feel saved?
- Say what now?
- Do you always feel saved?
- I'm not really sure what you're asking.
- I know a lot of people whowatch our show are Christians
and sometimes we battle with feeling
like we're okay with God.
- Okay now I get what you're saying.
Yes, that's me.
- That's all of us.
We make a mistake, a bad choice,
get into some trouble, and we
start feeling distant from God.
- This is good.Please continue.
- Bad decisions make us feel bad.
When we allow some sin ofsome sort into our lives,
we don't like ourselves anymore.
- So what do you do?
- I found this Bibleverse that gave me life.
I wish I had seen it a long time ago.
- Oh, what is it?
- It's in first John, chapter three.
It says, "Even when we feel guilty,
God is greater than our feelings."
- What?That's in there?
- We need emotions, butsometimes they get in the way.
We have to remember that ouremotions change all the time,
but God's word does not.
- You know, that reminds meof a Superbook episode I saw.
- Which one?
Jonah intentionally disobeyed God.
I mean, he went in the oppositeway that he was told to go.
And when he ended up in thebelly of a big fish, you know
he really thought thathe and God weren't okay.
But, God was biggerthan the way Jonah felt.
- Jonah is a good examplebut let's be clear.
Intentionally making a badchoice is never a good idea.
But, if you make a mistake,
just ask God for forgiveness.
I mean, it doesn't have to be
the end of the relationshipbetween you and God.
In Romans eight, it says, "AndI am convinced that nothing
can ever separate us from God's love."
- So if you have sincerelygiven your life to Christ, trust
that he's not gonna change on you.
- And if you want to give yourlife over to Jesus just ask
him for forgiveness foryour sins, open your heart,
and he'll teach you to be more like him.
- God's love for you is forever and--
- His word is forever alive!
- Want to know more about howto give your life to Jesus?
Follow the link.
- And if you do make thatdecision, please comment
on this video and let us know.
- You can find more vids tohelp you grow and learn more
about your faith if yousubscribe to our channel.
Also you can visit us onFacebook and Superbook.cbn.com
- God loves you!
- Finger guns.