Miguel always fought with his momâ€”over food, chores, everything. Momâ€™s patience had long run out. Then, to her amazement, Miguel got invited to a place that brought a welcome change of attitude. Discover how a cartoon and a hot meal tamed ...
- [Narrator] Miguel's homeused to be a battlefield
on a daily basis.
He always seemed to be angry at his mom,
mostly about food.
- [Miguel] It was bad.
We didn't have anything.
Food, money, school supplies.
- [Narrator] Karina is a single mom
who has struggled to find work
to support the family afterher husband abandoned them.
- [Karina] I want to givethem food and what they need.
I feel so powerless.
- [Narrator] At school, Miguelhad to rely on his friends.
They knew how hungry he was.
- [Miguel] They wouldgive me some of their food
but I kept some of itfor my siblings at home.
I knew they were hungry too.
- [Narrator] One day, Miguel was invited
to a center near his home,
sponsored by CNB's Orphan's Promise.
Now, Miguel and his siblings receive
free breakfasts and lunches
and they have a chanceto learn about the Bible
through CBN's Superbook.
- [Miguel] My favoriteepisode is in the beginning,
because He taught me to obey my mom
and be responsible.
- [Narrator] After visitingthe center only a few times,
Miguel prayed to become a Christian.
- [Miguel] I feel freebecause Jesus forgave me.
It changed my heart.
I also pray for my mom
and ask her to help mememorize Bible verses.
- [Narrator] One day, Miguel'smom visited the center
and prayed to become a Christian too.
- [Karina] My life also changed.
It's not what it was before.
I also found a good job.
I'm learning to be a good mom.
- [Miguel] Thank you, our friends, so much
for all the good things you gave me
and for teaching me about God.
And thanks for helping other kids like me.
(light music)(kids giggling)