It all started when Venita, raised in a Buddhist family, went to church for the first time and watched the Superbook story of Moses. Venita was moved by Godâ€™s awesome power. Later, she learned that Jesus could make her a new person. See the ...
- [Narrator] Venita grewup in a Buddhist household
Her mom, Lily, was Christian,but didn't practice her faith.
- We live with my mother-in-law
and I didn't want to have a conflict
with her or my husband over religion.
- [Narrator] Then one day, Lily decided
to go to church again.
Venita wondered where her mom was going.
- My parents never shared about God.
- [Narrator] The next Sunday, Venita asked
if she could go to church, too.
That's when she sawSuperbook for the first time.
- When I watched the story of Moses,
I learned that God has great power.
He can split the sea and help
all of the suffering people to escape.
- [Narrator] At the end of the episode,
Venita's teacher told the class
that Jesus had died for their sins.
Venita prayed to becomea Christian, that day.
- Before I heard about Jesus,
I didn't know that He could save me.
But He did.
Jesus has changed me andmade me a better person.
- [Narrator] Venita then invitedher older sister to church
and she became a Christian, too.
- I now pray for my dad and my brother
so they know about Jesusand can be Christians, too.
Thank you very much, Superbook,for teaching me about Him.