- [Chris] The Turkish government
moved Pastor Brunson fromjail to house arrest in July.
Although the 50-year-old pastor
has ministered in the countryfor more the two decades,
the Turkish government charged Brunson
with conspiring againstPresident Erdogan's rule
during a 2016 attempted coup.
The Trump administrationcalls those charges bogus
and has made security PastorBrunson's freedom a priority.
- I don't think there's everybeen any administration,
any president that has broughtup a prisoner of conscience,
a prisoner who's in prisonerbecause of his faith,
more than any other one
than President Reagandid for Natan Sharansky.
So this is historic.
- [Chris] And the Trumpadministration went beyond talking,
leveling sanctions on Turkey
that put its currency into a freefall.
- All of the secularmedia, without exception,
are saying a pastor?
Who cares about a pastor?
The trade with Turkeyis much more important.
The money and the value of thelira is much more important.
But the Trump administration said no,
a pastor who's falselyaccused and is in prison
is important to us and we're willing
to really put our moneywhere our mouths are
and they're taking a strong stance.
- [Chris] Egyptian-bornMichael Youssef says
other nations are paying attention.
- Now the world is watching this.
They are not ignoring this.
They know that they're gonna be next
unless they stop persecuting Christians.
- [Chris] Franklin Grahamcalled Christians to pray
and for the US to be careful.
- First, I would ask everybodywho's watching right now,
the Christians, to prayfor Andrew Brunson.
He's been falsely accused.
This is just a sham.
Turkey, we have to rememberthat this is a country
that is fast becoming aradical Islamic state.
I think we need to get Brunson home
and we need to be very careful
with whatever we do asa country with Turkey
until they change leadership
and change the direction they're going.
- Kerem says there's much more at stake
than an internationalcrisis between NATO allies.
- There's been manypeople, ourselves included,
that believe God was gonnado something in Izmir,
ancient Smyrna, Izmir, whereAndrew Brunson is today,
that was gonna impact not only Turkey,
but all the nations around it.
Because it's clear thatAndrew Brunson is in prison
or under arrest for onereason, and that's his hope
and faith in Jesus Christ as the Messiah,
not only of the West,but of the entire world.
- [Chris] Chris Mitchell,CBN News, Jerusalem.