'It Has Been an Honor of a Lifetime': The Powerful Legacy of UN Ambassador Nikki Haley
- Pat, as you were saying,
President Trump has a list of names
to replace outgoing Ambassador Nikki Haley
at the United Nations,
but he's taking some timeto make his decision.
Haley's announcement that she'sleaving the administration
surprised many, but not the President.
CBN's White House CorrespondentBen Kennedy has more.
- Haley initially told President Trump
of her plans to resignabout six months ago.
She now made it official andplans to stay at her post
until the end of the year.
- I think you have to beselfless enough to know
when you step aside and allowsomeone else to do the job.
So thank you, Mr. President.
- Thank you, Nikki, I'm so proud of you.
- It's been an honor of a lifetime.
- [Ben] UN Ambassador NikkiHaley becomes the latest
in a line of high-profiledepartures from the White House.
- It was a blessing to gointo the UN with body armor
every day and defend America.
- [Ben] She represented the US
with a strong voice at the UN,
speaking out on NorthKorea, Russia, and Iran.
Haley went on the attack
against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad
for the use of chemicalweapons on civilians.
- The monster who isresponsible for these attacks
has no conscience,
not even to be shocked bypictures of dead children.
- [Ben] She stood up forthose without a voice
when the US withdrew fromthe UN Human Rights Council.
- When a so-called Human RightsCouncil cannot bring itself
to address the massiveabuses in Venezuela and Iran,
and it welcomes theDemocratic Republic of Congo
as a new member,
the Council ceases tobe worthy of its name.
- [Ben] While at thesame fighting for Israel.
- I think you look atthe anti-Israel bias,
and the strength and courage
that the President showedin moving the Embassy.
- [Ben] She cited her Christian faith
as a reason to supportIsrael, later teaming up
with the President'sson-in-law, Jared Kushner,
to work toward a peacedeal with the Palestinians.
- What I've done working with him
on the Middle East Peace Plan,
it is so unbelievably well done.
- [Ben] Haley sat down
with CBN's Chief Analyst David Brody,
to talk about her impact on the UN.
- Since day one, you've gonein there to shake things up.
How tough has that been?
- Every day I put on body armor,
'cause I know there's gonna be a fight.
I'm just fighting adifferent thing every day.
- [Ben] Senators confirmed
the former South Carolina governor
as US Ambassador to the UN onday four of Trump's presidency
by a vote of 96 to 4.
She will end up servingnearly two years at her post,
citing it was time to step aside.
- You've been fantastic, you're my friend,
and I just, on behalf of the country,
I wanna thank you fora great job, thank you.
- [Ben] Now President Trumpsaid he will name a successor
in the next two or three weeks.
As for what's next, Haleysaid she will not run in 2020,
and will support PresidentTrump's reelection.
Ben Kennedy, CBN News, The White House.