Trump Steps in to Help as Ted Cruz Faces Sabotage in Texas Senate Race: 'They Snuck into Churches'
- In just under a decade,Texas has grown by more
than three million people.
Which many Texans say is abig reason why democratic
senate candidate Beto O'Rourke is pulling
historically well againstRepublican incumbent
senator Ted Cruz.
That's why President Trumpcame to Houston Monday night,
to help his former primary opponent.
- Gotta vote for Ted Cruz.
the Democrats are a bigrisk to the American family.
And our country cannot affordto take those kind of risks.
- [Abigail] John Graves,President of Vision America
tells CBN News he's notsurprised to see republicans
losing a grip on theconservative stronghold.
- I've been telling people for years,
Texas is trending thatway, Donald Trump won Ohio
by 8.1%, he won Texas by nine percent.
And people think ofOhio as a purple state,
they don't think of Texas as one.
- [Abigail] Vision Americaencourages Christian's
around the country to vote.
They're nonpartisan voter guide for Texas
shows where bothcandidates stand on issues
like the Supreme Court,right to life, and protecting
Over the weekend,however, an unknown person
made fraudulent copies of the guides,
changing the texts of the issues,
and mixed them into piles passed out
at multiple churches in Texas.
- They snuck inside churchesto deceive church members.
And I've been aroundthis for over 20 years,
I've never seen or heardanything like that.
- [Abigail] O'Rourke has seensupport from some pro-life
women in Texas, unhappywith the families being
separated at the border,and the fake guide claims
Senator Cruz supports this.
Cruz told CBN News hestrongly opposes the policy.
- I can tell you when we sawthe issue of family separation,
I introduced legislation.
I stepped forward and ledlegislation that would
mandate families staytogether, that we keep families
together, that we keepkids with their parents.
- [Abigail] The fraudulentguide also claims O'Rourke
supports the right tolife, because he increased
access to health care without showing
his stance on abortion.
- I will only vote toconfirm a Supreme Court
justice who believes ina woman's right to make
her own decisions about her own body.
- [Abigail] O'Rourke stronglyopposes the President,
saying he will vote forimpeachment if elected
and will not support a wallon the southern border.
Cruz on the other hand hasembraced the President,
inviting Trump toheadline the Monday rally
where tens of thousands gathered.
- I am honored that PresidentTrump is here endorsing
and supporting my campaign,and I look forward to
campaigning alongside himin 2020 for his reelection
as President of the United States.
- O'Rourke has raisedmore than twice as much
money as Cruz's campaign,but with a short window
left until election day, Cruzstill holds a substantial
lead in the polls.
Reporting from San Antonio,Abigail Robertson, CBN News.