Korey should have died from his injuries after a mid-air collision with another diver, but he knew Jesus had another plan.
- I knew I was falling.
And I knew I was falling to my death.
But it was an acceptance.
There wasn't anything there.
There was no fear, there was no
I just accepted this is happened.
I'm dying and there's nothing I can do.
- [Narrator] In 2011,Corey Fisher began looking
for a way to gain self confidence
and learn to trust God in deeper ways.
That's when he discovered sky diving.
Six years later he was acertified sky diving instructor
with 1,500 jumps to his credit.
- I thought to myselfthis is closer to what
I imagine God wants us to live like.
This, experiencing this.
Being alive, it's about being alive.
- [Narrator] Then in November of 2017,
his life nearly came to an end
when he and another skydiver collided in mid-air.
- [Woman] Whoa! Oh!
- I only saw the individualfor about half a second.
Before the collision,
in that half a second I literally remember
thinking I'm dead.
There's nothing I can do.
- [Narrator] The two fellover 200 hundred feet
before hitting the ground.
Miraculously, both survived.
Corey was in and out of consciousness.
- I tried to move and couldn't.
And then passed back out.
Next thing I know, they'reputting me in a helicopter.
It was evident I was dying.
- [Narrator] He was lifeflighted to a nearby hospital
with a broken neck,
twelve broken ribs, andmassive internal injuries.
Corey was fighting for his life.
His mom Maria remembersthe call from the hospital.
- They told us that therehad been an accident
that he was catastrophically injured
and that we needed to cometo the hospital right away.
And my heart sunk.
- [Narrator] At the hospitalRia and Corey's dad Terry
learned their son might notmake it through the night.
Even if he did, he mightbe paralyzed for life.
They asked their church andcommunity to pray for a miracle.
- God gave us the peacefrom the very beginning
not to panic, not to go into a circular
thought process thatyou can all go through
when you are in a traumatic situation.
- There was definitely prayer going
around the clock forCorey in multiple places,
- [Narrator] He survived the night.
By then they had learned therehad been another miracle.
Spinal surgeon Sayid al Shahabi says
considering the severityof his broken neck,
Corey's spinal cordshould have been severed.
Which would have lefthim paralyzed for life.
- It's in my opinionhonestly short of miraculous.
When I initially got the call
my initial question was well how bad is he
in terms of paralysis.
And the trauma doctor,
his words were specificallyyou won't believe it
but he's moving everything.
And essentially what he had done was
separated and shifted the number six bone
completely in front ofthe number seven bone.
The way they present this way
essentially is with a quadriplegia
or a paraplegic type of scenario.
- When his surgeon told me that he hadn't
in all the years thathe'd been a trauma surgeon
he'd never seen thisinjury without paralysis.
He said he fully expectedto walk into that trauma bay
after looking at his MRIsand find a paraplegic.
And he said to find full movement,
that blew him away.
He said this was the firsttime I as a physician
can say I've seen a miracle.
- [Narrator] He stillneeded surgery and prayer.
On the way into surgery, Corey woke up
and asked to speak with a chaplain.
- They brought me a phoneand there was a loving man
on the other end
who agreed with me and prayed,quoted scripture with me,
and then prayed.
And I remember feeling the peace.
And that I was gonna be all right.
- [Narrator] His surgery was a success.
Now doctors were saying Corey
would need to spend monthsin a rehab hospital.
Corey believed for another miracle.
- First words out of his mouth to me
were don't worry mom, Jesus has got this.
He said I'll be home for Christmas.
His doctors are standing onthe other side of the bed
behind Corey's headwhere he couldn't see 'em
and they're shaking their head no.
- [Narrator] But just threeweeks after the accident
and well before Christmas
Corey walked out of thehospital without pain
and completely healed.
- Not only did Jesus save my life,
but my recovery wassupernaturally graced as well.
It's completely a miracle.
No doubt about it.
- [Narrator] Corey wascleared of all fault
pertaining to the accident.
He has since resumed skydiving and instructing
with even more confidencethat God is with him
in every situation.
- He loved me that muchto gracefully save my life
and spare me in all of this.
And all the dreams that I had
that could've been takenfrom me in a second.
- What it made me realizeis that I can trust God.
For he will answer my prayers.
I looked at this way,
he jumps out of that planeand jumps into Jesus arms.
So I don't have to worry about it.
- If you can supernaturally change
a human being falling outof the sky's situation,
to not die, to not be paralyzed,
to override physicallimitations of the human body
when striking the ground,
he can handle all of the things in my life
that I'm not in control of
to give me my life back completely.
Uninhibited by anythingis overwhelming to me.