Brenda has a heart for abandoned kids in Uganda. When her landlord threatened to kick her out with her 90 charges, she didnâ€™t know what to do. Then she was diagnosed with cancer and needed medical help. CBNâ€™s Orphanâ€™s Promise reached out ...
- [Reporter] As the rain falls in Uganda,
Brenda and her 90 childrentake shelter in their new home.
Orphan's Promise helped them move here
after their previous landlordgave them an eviction notice.
(speaking in foreign language)
- [Translator] The oldhouse was really run down.
The landlord was a Muslim and didn't like
that we were praying andsinging gospel songs.
At times, we only had one mealeach day or nothing at all.
- [Reporter] Brenda was usedto having hardship in her life.
When she was young, shelost both her parents
and lived on the streets.
- I don't want any child to go through
what I went through.
- [Reporter] With thehelp of Orphans Promise,
Brenda provides childrenhere with a safe home,
three meals per day, and anopportunity to get an education.
- Seeing them happy brings me so much joy.
On Sundays, we sit under the tree
and talk about God's goodnessand what He has done for us.
- [Reporter] All of thewonderful work Brenda does
almost came to an end whenshe got breast cancer.
- I had painful headaches andfelt sick most of the time.
When the doctors told me I had cancer,
I didn't even know what that was.
They said I needed immediate surgery
but there was no way I could afford it.
- [Reporter] When we learnedabout Brenda's illness,
we covered all her medical bills,
including multiple surgeries,
and chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Today, she is cancer-free.
- Nothing is impossible for God
because you saved my life,
you saved the lives ofall my children, too.
Without you, they'd allbe back on the streets
and have no one to take care of them.
Now, I can give them a life I never had.
Thank you CBN and thank you CBN partners.
May God bless all of you abundantly.
- [All] Thank you, CBN!