After she sold everything to pay for her husbandâ€™s funeral, 22-year-old Myroslava had only an empty house and three hungry mouths to feed. Without food or a stove to cook with, how could she survive this tragedy? Watch how CBNâ€™s Orphanâ€™s ...
- [Presenter] Before shebecame a widow at age 22,
Myroslava lived with herhusband and three children
in this drafty house withpeeling paint and a leaky roof.
(speaking in foreign language)
- [Translator] Before he died,my husband was a kind man.
He loved the children and helped me.
Then my world fell apart.
- [Presenter] After he died,Myroslava sold everything
to pay for the funeral.
- [Translator] We had nothing.
I had no stove, no furniture.
The house was empty.
The walls were raw and we were starving.
- [Presenter] Desperate, Myroslava sent
her two older children tolive with their grandma.
Myroslava keep the baby with her,
since he was nursing at the time,
and there was no extraroom at her in-laws.
This is Myroslava's six-year-olddaughter, Sni-jah-nah.
- [Translator] I love my mom very much.
I wanted to stay with her,
but she didn't have even a bed.
- [Presenter] That's whenCBN's Orphan's Promise
began to work with the family.
First, we provided construction materials
and then hired a crew to build a new house
for Myroslava and her children.
- [Translator] When my children saw
what a beautiful houseyou were building for us,
they could hardly wait for us to move in.
- [Presenter] We also gave them some beds,
a stove, and other furniture.
- [Translator] The men builtus a beautiful new house.
It's warm in here andthey like it very much.
- [Translator] We have everything.
We can live with our momma now.
She loves us.
- [Presenter] Recently, Myroslava prayed
to become a Christian.
- [Translator] I'm sohappy that my children
have all they need.
I'm full of joy and so grateful to you.
Thank you so much.