'I Will Not Be Bullied': Trump's Nominee for Attorney General Pledges to Let Mueller Investigation Run Its Course
- Right out of the gate,
Senate Judiciary Chair Lindsay Graham
addressed critics mainconcerns about Bob Barr.
Will he protect the Mueller investigation?
- On my watch, Bob will beallowed to finish his work.
- Do you believe Mr.Mueller would be involved
in a witch hunt against anybody?
- I don't believe Mr.Mueller would be involved
in a witch hunt.
- [Charlene} Barr insisted he would Resist
any outside pressure
to improperly influence the investigation.
- I will not be bulliedinto doing anything
I think is wrong by anybody,
whether it be editorialboards or Congress,
or the President.
- [Charlene] Unlike hispredecessor Jeff Sessions,
Barr refused to commit to recusing himself
from the Russia investigation.
- Let's imagine it's a judgment call,
and the judgment by thecareer ethics officials
in the agency are thatyou recuse yourself.
Under what scenario would you not
follow their recommendation?
- If I disagreed with it.
- And what would the basisof that disagreement be?
- I came to a different judgment.
- On what basis?
- The facts- Such as?
- Such as whatever factsare relevant to the recusal.
- [Charlene] Barr also explained his memo
to DOJ officials defending President Trump
from accusations of obstruction.
- I was speculating.
I've really said it at the beginning,
I was writing in the darkand we're all in the dark.
Every lawyer, every talking head,
every one who thinksabout or talks about it
doesn't have the facts.
- [Charlene] On CBN News's Faith Nation,
Andrew Coan author and professor of law
at the University of Arizona suggested
Barr's sharing of the memo
with the President's legaladvisors raises concern,
but Barr will likely be confirmed.
- And I do think thatraises some real questions
about his ability to supervise
this investigation impartially.
I think he's going to be confirmed.
I think there's relativelylittle doubt about that.
- Barr said under JusticeDepartment guidelines
Mueller's findings would be confidential.
But that in the interest of transparency
he would then release hisown summary of the report
to the public and Congress.
Meanwhile when it comesto questionable moments
inside the DOJ like thoseanti Trump text messages
between former FBI agentsLisa Page and Peter Strzok,
Barr promised to look into it.
Charlene Aaron, CBN News.