Natalia prayed, â€œDonâ€™t let my children be orphans!â€ This Ukrainian mother of six suffered the excruciating pain of a kidney being destroyed by a 3-inch stone. Who would care for her children? Could her life be saved? She couldnâ€™t afford ...
- [Narrator] 47-year-oldNatalia had no idea
that anything was wrong,until the pain started.
- I hurt so much, so painful,
I couldn't sleep for two weeks.
- [Narrator] Then an x-ray revealed
that a giant kidneystone was growing inside.
But as widow raising three children
there was no extra money for surgery.
- My oldest daughter said,"Mom, let's go to the hospital."
But I said we're notgoing to the hospital,
we don't have the money.
- [Narrator] Evensix-year-old Natasha knew
there was something seriouslywrong with her mother.
She wondered if her mom would die.
- I prayed when my mom got sick.
I looked at her picture and cried.
I want her to stay with me.
- [Natalia] I begged God to help me,
so my children wouldn't become orphans.
- [Narrator] When CBN metNatalia we brought the family
some food and took her to the hospital.
There the doctor confirmedthat the kidney stone
had destroyed her kidney.
- The patient was in critical condition.
Her body was poisoned by the toxins
from the infected kidney.
There was a high risk of septicshock which leads to death.
- [Narrator] So CBN paid for Natalia
to have emergencysurgery to save her life.
- When I opened my eyes after the surgery
I understood that I would live.
The burden and pain went away.
- [Narrator] Natalia hasnow completely recovered
and is back taking care of her children.
- My other kidney is working normally.
I have no pain.
I'm even able to go back to work.
- I'm glad that Mama is here with me.
- [Natalia] I thank you verymuch for saving my life.