Creflo Dollar: Winning in Troubled Times
The 700 Club
September 14, 2010
Seven Principles to Succeed
When the economy took a downturn in 2007, author and evangelist Creflo Dollar says he noticed that many believers didn’t know how to use their faith in the midst of troubling times. As a result, they ended up in bad situations because of the pressure they were under.
Dollar says, “The kingdom of God never goes through a recession and God is never broke!” He further explains that since God is never defeated, then we can never be defeated. “In other words, we always win,” he says.
Money is only part of the prosperity message. God wants us to have true prosperity in all areas of our lives so that we can show the world that there is profit in serving Him. When we prosper, we can help and serve others.
When Dollar grew up, he watched his parents struggle to make ends meet. That created a determination not to live that way for the rest of his life. He discovered seven principles to succeed:
- Understand God’s way of doing things: we must plant God’s Word in our hearts so that what we are believing for will come to pass
- Mature in love: all laws that govern prosperity hang on the law of love
- Have purity of heart: be genuine and walk in obedience
- Meditate: spend time in the Scriptures until revelation and enlightenment come
- Get seed: the Word of God will grow and manifest in our lives
- Apply corresponding action: give (you can expect whatever you sow to come back), work, think, trust and talk but no negative speaking
- Practice patience: remain steadfast despite the circumstances around you
Many people look at Dollar’s success and don’t understand that he and his wife, Taffi, made hard decisions and even harder sacrifices. One day, he came home and realized they did not own anything in their house. Everything they bought was on credit. They were almost $200,000 in debt and desperated looked for a way out. He sat down and made a list of all their assets and liabilities. “We had no assets,” he says. He sat on the edge of the sofa and cried out to God. “I had to recognize that I was not able to get out of this situation without God’s help,” says he. Dollar started a rapid debt reduction strategy and stopped using their credit cards. If they couldn’t buy anything with cash, they learned to live without it.
In The Green Room
Go behind the scenes with Creflo Dollar
Creflo Dollar's Five R's
The Bible tells us that we should prosper in all areas of our lives, not just in our finances. Dollar says we must manage our lives from a spiritual perspective. From eating habits to anger, he says he knows what it is like to transform that which has become a comfortable norm.
He says there are 5 R’s that will cause change. These steps work in marriages, finances, health and in raising children:
- Responsibility: until we take full responsibility, we will remain out of control.
- Rethinking what we believe: replace old beliefts with the truth.
- Reject our old ways: once you make the decision, God will help us if we want to be free.
- Review our new way of thinking: renew our minds with the new information we are taking in.
- Resound our thoughts out loud: this becomes our confession of faith since words produce thoughts
Log in or create an account to post a comment.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.