CBN.com – I hope you are finding encouragement and inspiration simply in the fact that things are changing. Change does not always bring progress, but progress always does require change. Expect positive events and opportunities to be on the other side of whatever change you are experiencing today.
If you need the money to kick-start your opportunity, you’ll enjoy the first article below. Money is more readily available than what you might think.
Check out all the events coming up here at The Sanctuary in the 48 Days Highlights.
And be sure to read the quotations on “Ideas.” Something there will help you find your great idea.
Maybe we have too much.
"...Then there is the kind of Christmas with presents piled high, the gifts of guilty parents as bribes because they have nothing else to give. The wrappings are ripped off and the presents are thrown down and at the end the child says - 'Is that all?' Well it seems to me that America now is like that second kind of Christmas. Having too many THINGS they spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are. We can stand anything God and Nature can throw at us save only plenty. If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on its knees, miserable, greedy and sick." — John Steinbeck, in a letter to Adlai Stevenson. As near as I can tell, this was written about 1955-1956.
Okay, these are trying times, and many of you that I talk to say you are just looking for a great idea. Some of you have your idea but think you need a chunk of money to get it off the ground. Well, here’s a solution.
Billionaire Mark Cuban is offering to fund any business that can show a break-even cash flow in 60 days and be profitable in 90. So, no problem getting any amount of money you need (no minimum – no maximum) – if, in fact, you have a solid business plan. Check out the Mark Cuban Stimulus Plan.
This is not a joke. The available money is totally legitimate and real. So no more excuses; now you’ve got plenty of money. All you need to do is take action. If you don’t have a money making business 48 days from now, look in the mirror to identify the roadblocks.
Many I've talked with are using No More Mondays to create their plan.
How to Win Friends and Jobs
In 1929, following the stock market crash, businesses and factories were shutting their doors and millions were out of work. Sounds much like today. In that environment Dale Carnegie first introduced the concepts from How to Win Friends and Influence People. Carnegie offered people a way to differentiate themselves by learning the skills of “human engineering.” His research had shown that 15 percent of a person’s financial success is due to technical knowledge (degrees, certification, intelligence, aptitude); 85 percent is due to personality and the ability to lead people (enthusiasm, energy, a pleasing smile, tone of voice).
With thousands of competitors having the same or better education and experience, you can still separate yourself from the pack and emerge as the most desirable candidate by focusing on the same 85 percent that Carnegie pointed out in a previous difficult time for workers.
Here are some excerpts from How To Win Friends and Influence People.
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
These tips will do more to open doors of opportunity than going back to school for an additional degree. People will see you as someone they want to have on their team. And you can add these today – no waiting, no classes, no money.
The March issue of Success magazine has a wonderful article about Dale Carnegie’s unexpected success in sharing these common sense principles that allowed struggling people to get great jobs and move up financially even in troubled times. It Takes Character and Self-Control to be Understanding and Forgiving. You can use the same principles to move ahead today.
If you've never read this timeless classic, get it today – it’s a $9.00 investment in a brighter future.
48 Days Online Radio: No Job and a DUI
Each week I create a new online radio podcast — that you can hear in iTunes or at the 48 Days Online Radio Show link.
Lots of you are facing unexpected challenges in your work today. But don’t let that derail your success in more important areas of your life.
- I would like to hear more of your thoughts on failure. What does a "successful failure" look like? How much should we risk in pursuit of our dreams? I doubt you would suggest that we risk our marriages, health, homes, etc. while seeking to reach our goals. What do you think is the right balance in this area?
- People are asking me to help them start the same business I am in. How can I not be stingy but also not create my own competition?
- I am a 41 (next week) year old single female – been told that I am very attractive, I keep in good shape, I have a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, I am friendly with a great sense of humor, and I love the Lord. …I struggle a lot with loneliness, and my utmost desire is to be married and have a family (I am divorced 10 years now). How do I find my calling when the desires of my heart are so glaringly missing? How do I put my costume of the "career woman" on again when I do not believe deep in my soul that that is all I am meant to be?
- I’m a single mom and recently lost my job. The day we were all let go we went out for some drinks and I received a DUI, so as of right now I am unemployed, in litigation with my home, and dealing with a DUI and not being able to drive. I am in a terrible place and see no way out and can’t help but feel totally helpless – the depression alone is killing me.
- Now that I am working on my own, I often find it difficult to manage my time. With no boss looking over my shoulder and no clock to punch, I find some days I let time slip away and I don't get as much done as I planned. I end up working late into the evening trying to catch up. Can you recommend any programs or resources on how to manage my time better so I can work productively during the day and then enjoy my time at night with my family?
- When it rains it pours.... Like so many, my husband lost a business and is hanging in there working for others. We have scaled way back but can’t seem to come up with money for groceries. Last Friday I had a heart attack (51) – out of the blue. I have no risk factors, smoking, weight issues, etc. Is it right to go ahead and apply for jobs in light of my new health challenges?
If you have a question, just e-mail me at askdan@48Days.com and you can ask about starting your own business, getting a better job, or finding your purpose in life.
And you can click the link below to listen to this week’s broadcast immediately – no downloading, no wait.
48 Days Radio - Listen & Ask Your Question Here!
48 Days Highlights: At the Sanctuary
Coaching with Dan
Many of you ask if I still coach people individually. Yes, I do. I have always felt that my writing would become weaker if I were not working with people in the day-to-day challenges that finding meaningful work presents. So, while I have many new opportunities, I still am energized by hearing your stories – and finding creative solutions that move you toward the life that you love. See the details here: Coaching with Dan.
Lead the 48 Days Seminar
My daughter Ashley and I are offering a one-day training program to help anyone who wants to be ready to lead this six-week program. We'll provide you with a complete set of leader instructions, DVDs, and the confidence to begin sharing immediately: Certified 48 Days Trainer.
Living, Loving, & Working – with Dan and Joanne
Joanne and I are inviting you to a two-day event here at our Sanctuary. We share our principles for life success – including how to find or create work that is meaningful and profitable. This event is coming up March 19-20. Living, Loving & Working
Idea Into Business Academy
This is the title of our next 212Connection RoundTable event, also here at The Sanctuary on our property. This is a jam-packed two-day event (March 6-7) where you’ll be hearing from our leadership team. And you’ll have a chance to share your idea and get the help to grow it quickly. Get in now – RoundTable.
Move on From 'Failure'
The most popular product in the 48 Days arsenal continues to be the 48 Days Career Profile. Before you begin seeking a better job or self-employment, you need to be sure you are pursuing opportunities that match your personality style and will fulfill and reward you for a lifetime!
“Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it who makes a difference.“ ~Nolan Bushnell
“Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.” — Albert Einstein
“The idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all.” — Elbert Hubbard
“A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.” — Napoleon Hill
“There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come.” — Victor Hugo
“I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden.” — John Erskine
Dan Miller is the bestselling author of 48 Days To The Work You Love and a renowned Life Coach specializing in career fulfillment. His weekly newsletter reaches 70,000 subscribers. Dan’s articles are featured here at CBN every Tuesday, and you can find out more about Dan at www.48days.com.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.