10 Eating and Exercise
Changes That Really Make a Difference
By Steve Arterburn
New Life Ministries
Changing our perspective about weight loss is just as important as living
it out! We live in a Do it/Want it Now! culture. When we apply
that mindset to our weight loss journey, we find ourselves losing the
race. But a slower, steady pace of making one change at a time can result
in us not only crossing the goal line, but in staying there and not losing
Take a look at the five eating changes and five exercise changes below.
Decide which one you will begin with on each list this week. Once you
have achieved that goal, add another change into your program. Applaud
each accomplishment! It wont be long and youll begin to see
5 Eating Changes That Can Make a Difference
1. Begin to cut back on sugar in your coffee or tea. (Do the same
with the milk or cream.)
2. Use less or no butter and mayo.
3. Let fresh, raw veggies replace chips for lunch and snacks.
4. Add one new food every week to your meal plan. Variety will keep
you on your program.
5. When eating out, start ordering half portions or ask for a doggy-bag
at the beginning and divide half of the meal into it before you start
5 Exercise Changes That Can Make a Difference
1. Add working out with a buddy once a week.
2. Plan to take the grocery cart back to the store when youre
done unloading the items you bought.
3. Force yourself to walk longer distances by parking your car further
away from your destinations such as the mall, grocery store, drug
store, theatre, etc.
4. Take the stairs over the elevators or even escalators every single
5. Consider your chores another chance to get in some activity.
Used by permission of New Life Ministries. New Life Ministries has a variety of resources available at 1-800-NEW-LIFE
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.