Words of Wisdom
Life and Faith, According to Classic Christian Authors
By Hannah Goodwyn
CBN.com Senior Producer
CBN.com - For centuries, Christian thinkers, novelists and theologians have explored spiritual thought, encouraging and convicting believers. These men and women of faith are no longer we us, but their wisdom and understanding continue to challenge us through their publications.
My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis. Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton. These works are timeless reminders of how faith meets reality.
In honor of these brilliant minds and faithful followers of Christ, here are some of their most thought-provoking quotes for your reflection today.
10 Inspirational Quotes from Classic Christian Authors
- "A man ought to live so that everybody knows he is a Christian... and most of all, his family ought to know." - D. L. Moody
- "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C. S. Lewis
- "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie Ten Boom
- "Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair." - G. K. Chesterton
- "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble." - Charles Spurgeon
- "Pray, and let God worry." - Martin Luther
- "The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ." - Oswald Chambers
- "One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organizations do not constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team. The first requisite is life, always." - A. W. Tozer
- "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
*Quotes repritned from brainyquote.com.
Log in or create an account to post a comment.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.