Are you suffering
from depression? Here are some tell-tale signs.
1. Do you feel like crying more often now than you normally have
in the past? Do you feel sad or blue much of the time? When you see yourself in
the mirror, do you appear to be sad, or do others comment that you no longer seem
2. Do you frequently have a sense of hopelessness or helplessness?
Do you think that nothing matters or that nothing will do any good? Does the phrase,
Whats the use? comes to mind frequently?
3. Do you have less motivation
and interest in activities, hobbies, work or relationships you have previously
4. Has your sleep pattern changed? Do you find yourself unable
to sleep at night, or struggling with restlessness that leaves you tired in the
morning? Do you have trouble getting out of bed, wanting to sleep all day?
Have you had thoughts recently that life is just not worth living? Do you wish
God would just take you home?
6. Do you dread the beginning of a new day, the
anticipation of your responsibilities, decisions, and meetings with co-workers
7. Are you anxious and stressed? Are you worried and concerned
about the past or about what the future may hold?
8. Have your eating patterns
changed? Have you lost your appetite? Is even favorite food no longer of interest?
Are you eating much more than you previously did, perhaps even an excessive intake
of junk foods?
9. Do you have less energy than usual? Are there other
physical symptoms that differ from the past, such as frequency of headaches, upset
stomach, constipation, or rapid heartbeat?
10. Do you feel that you are not
functioning as well at work as you have in the past, and that others are beginning
to notice this?
Ways to Overcome Depression" by Steve Arterburn, New Life Ministries.
Used with Permission.
More from New