Author, The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived (Waterbrook 2009), The Richest Man Who Ever Lived (2006), Mentored by a Millionaire and Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams.
Writer, producer, director and marketing entrepreneur
Co-Founder of ATC (American Telecast Corporation)
Co-produced more than 20 best-selling videos
Co-authored two, million copy best-sellers with relationship expert, Dr. Gary Smalley
Wife, Shannon; 7 children (ages 7 to 37) and 5 grandchildren
Steven Scott: Jesus - Role Model for Success
By Heather Salon and Terri Simmons
The 700 Club
THE GREATEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED
Steven K. Scott is excited to introduce people to Jesus in a way people have never looked at Him before. Jesus has been seen as a religious icon, but it is time to take Jesus out of organized religion and bring Him into the real world. Jesus is God, but He is alive and interactive right now. He wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives. Steve says Jesus is his best friend. Steve wants the secular world to see Jesus in this way and show Christians how to bear a lot of fruit in every area of life. He wants to encourage them in their faith and in sharing the Gospel.
These days with the collapse of the financial market, people don’t feel secure. Steven wants to tell people that it is not wrong to succeed. Jesus was the most successful person. He accomplished all [26 missions] that He was assigned to do. Christians need to be “purpose accomplished Christians,” and go deeper, higher, and have more significance. Many times, Christians set their sights too low and don’t achieve what they set out to do. By Jesus’ example, we can learn to accomplish all He set out for us to do. Mediocrity is the norm because Christians don’t overcome obstacles.
Steven is living proof of overcoming obstacles. His company is still one of the fastest growing companies, even currently in a downward economy. There are blessings to adversity and failure. Adversity has a role in our relationship with God. It is a stealth blessing and a normal part of life. It is important to look at how Jesus went through adversity. Jesus even says in John 16:33, “I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (NIV). Adversity becomes a spring board for God and us. It draws us closer to Him and we learn valuable lessons to our overall success that we would not have learned otherwise.
SIX KEYS FROM THE LIFE OF JESUS
A year ago, Steven studied Jesus as a man and found that there were six things that set Him apart from other
Six Keys from the Life of Jesus are:
- 1) Meaning – Jesus knew “why” He did things. He had an infinitely deep why – to save humanity and bring us closer to God. He had equally deep and secure whys for everything He did, and these whys were so deep that nothing deterred him from accomplishing His purpose. Jesus had 14 whys. A few of them were to show His love for His Father and His desire to obey and please Him; His desire to glorify God to all mankind; and His love for mankind.
- 2) Mission Driven – Jesus came to accomplish 26 missions that are stated in the Bible. Without a vision, you cannot have mission. Your most important missions must be accomplished. A few of Jesus’ missions that He accomplished were to reveal His Father to the world; finish His Father’s work on earth; and to save the world.
- 3) Message – The Message Jesus spoke came from His meaning and His mission, and all conformed together in harmony. Your message needs to reflect your life and advance your mission. Effective communication is not simply about speaking or writing well. It results when your listener or reader clearly and accurately understands what you’re saying and feels what you are feeling. Jesus had no trouble communicating the message He wanted to get across to people.
- 4) Manner – The manner in which you act has to be consistent with your meaning, your mission, and your message or you’ll never achieve the success you would otherwise achieve. How you do what you do is as important as what you do and how you say is as important as what you say. Jesus’ life exemplifies this. Manner can either accelerate your successes or speed your failures.
- 5) Method –Jesus’ method was partnering and mentoring. He partnered with and was mentored by God the Father (He only did what He saw the Father doing).
- 6) Mission Accomplished – Jesus accomplished all that He was supposed to do. Each one of us is created for a purpose. You need clear vision and goals.
SEVEN OBSTACLES THAT PREVENT PEOPLE FROM ACCOMPLISHING THEIR GOALS
Steven says there are seven obstacles that keep most people from accomplishing their greatest goals:
- 1) Lack of Clear and Precise Vision
- 2) Ineffective Goal Setting
- 3) Ineffective Partnering
- 4) Lack of Resources
- 5) Failure to Plan for Failure
- 6) Lack of Sustained Passion
- 7) A Lack of Diligence
FROM FAILURE TO SUCCESS
Failure to plan for failure is one of the obstacles that Steven says people aren’t prepared for enough. Failure will come; you must plan for it. People get surprised and caught off guard when one of their efforts, endeavors, or projects fails – even when they experience major setbacks. No one succeeds without failing along the way. However, those who ultimately succeed learn the best way to deal with those failures – a way that will strengthen the foundation on which they will build a more significant and substantial success.
Learn all about Steven’s personal experiences with failure in a previous appearance on The 700 Club.
MEETING HIS BEST FRIEND
Steven met “The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived” (his best friend) in 1964. He had actually known about God before, but when he found out that Santa Claus was not real at the age of ten, he figured God wasn’t real either. Although he kept going to church with his family and “did what the religious people around him did,” he didn’t believe in God.
Shortly before he turned 16, his sister took him to a meeting of college students in a successful businessman’s home. The focus of this meeting was Jesus, and the speaker that night was a scientist who was the head chemical engineer of one of the world’s largest aerospace companies. This man had been an atheist most of his life, but found a personal relationship with Jesus Christ after reading the Bible. Steven was blown away by his words and his conviction. After the meeting, the scientist spoke more to Steven about God and gave him Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis to read. Steven went home that night, read the book, and came to a chapter that convinced him that God did exist.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.