Click here for to try a risk-free trial of doctor-designed Revival for weight loss & beauty benefits!
Get a FREE GIFT with your first order of 30 bars or shakes. Use offer #702 when ordering online or via phone at 1-800-REVIVAL.
Your purchase helps support CBN.
Soy: The Super Protein
By Aaron Tabor, M.D.
CEO and Medical Research Director for Revival Soy
- Health care professionals and consumers alike are becoming more aware of the potential benefits that adding protein to the diet can provide. Throughout our lives, protein in our bodies is continuously broken down and remade, thus requiring the addition of protein to our diets. High quality proteins provide the best and most efficient way to meet human nutritional needs. Therefore, it is important that the protein added to the diet is of the highest quality possible.
The nutritional quality of soy protein has been studied in depth (1-10). Studies have shown that nitrogen balance, digestibility, and protein utilization are similar between beef and soy proteins (6). Other studies show that soy protein can support nitrogen balance (7, 8) and does provide adequate amounts of the amino acid methionine, which is important for growth and development (9, 10). Recent studies have reported that nitrogen absorption, protein digestibility, biological value, and net utilization of soy protein are similar to milk protein (11-13).
The high digestibility of soy protein, the content and bioavailability of its amino acids, and the nitrogen content make soy protein a high quality protein. Based on protein digestibility calculations, soy protein achieves a score of 1.0, the highest score possible and on par with other high quality proteins like egg whites and milk proteins. Therefore, the addition of soy to the diet is a good way to meet all of your protein nutritional requirements.
Revival Soy makes getting enough soy simple and delicious.
With Revival Soy, you can be sure you’re getting enough
soy isoflavones in your daily diet—without the soy taste.
And you can take comfort in knowing you’re using the #1
doctor-recommended soy protein supplement, backed by clinical
studies and many patented benefits.
Just 1 small Revival shake or protein bar gives you the amount
of soy isoflavones found in 6 cups of a typical soymilk (160
milligrams). A recent panel of international soy experts recommended
up to 160 milligrams of soy isoflavones per day for all of the
health benefits of soy.
Revival Soy has partnered with CBN. Your purchase helps support
CBN. Get a free gift with your first order of 30 bars
or shakes, use Offer#702 when ordering online or via phone at
To read more, visit www.revivalsoy.com
1. Messina MJ. Legumes and soybeans: overview of their nutritional profiles and health effects. Am J Clin Nutr 1999; 70 (Suppl):439S – 450S.
2. Friedman M, Brandon DL. Nutritional and health benefits of soy proteins. J Agr Food Chem 2001; 49:1069 – 1086.
3. Young VR. Soy protein in relation to human protein and amino acid nutrition. J Am Diet Assoc 1991; 91:828-835.
4. Slavin J. Nutritional benefits of soy protein and soy fiber. J Am Diet Assoc 1991; 91:816-819.
5. Erdman Jr JW, Fordyce EJ. Soy products and the human diet. Am J Clin Nutr 1989; 49:725-737.
6. Wayler A, Queiroz E, Scrimshaw NS, Steinke FH, Rand WM, Young VR. Nitrogen balance studies in young men to assess the protein quality of an isolated soy protein in relation to meat proteins. J Nutr 1983; 113:2485-2491.
7. Istfan N, Murray E, Janghorbani M, Young VR. An evaluation of the nutritional value of a soy protein concentrate in young adult men using the short-term N-balance method. J Nutr 1983; 113:2516-2523.
8. Young VR, Wayler A, Garza C, Steinke FH, Murray E, Rand WM, Scrimshaw NS. A long-term metabolic balance study in young men to assess the nutritional quality of an isolated soy protein and beef proteins. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 39:8-15.
9. Young VR, Puig M, Queiroz E, Scrimshaw NS, Rand WM. Evaluation of the protein quality of an isolated soy protein in young men: relative nitrogen requirements and effects of methionine supplementation. Am J Clin Nutr 1984; 39:16-24.
10. Zezulka AY, Calloway DH. Nitrogen retention in men fed varying levels of amino acids from soy protein with or without added L-methionine. J Nutr 1976; 106:212-221.
11. Baglieri A, Mahe S, Zidi S, Huneau JF, Thuillier F, Marteau P, Tome D. Gastro-jejunal digestion of soya-bean-milk protein in humans. Br J Nutr 1994; 72:519-532.
12. Mariotti F, Mahe S, Benamouzig R, Luengo C, Dare S, Gaudichon C, Tome D. Nutritional value of [15N]-soy protein isolate assessed from ileal digestibility and postprandial protein utilization in humans. J Nutr 1999; 129:1992-1997.
13. Gaudichon C, Mahe S, Benamouzig R, Luengo C, Fouillet H, Dare S, Van Oycke M, Ferriere F, Rautureau J, Tome D. Net postprandial utilization of [15N]-labeled milk protein nitrogen is influenced by diet compostion in humans. J Nutr 1999; 129:890-895.
REVIVAL IS A DIETARY SUPPLEMENT:
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Revival is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: All information is intended for your general knowledge
only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific
medical conditions. We can not and do not give you medical advice.
CBN IS HERE FOR YOU!
Are you seeking answers in life? Are you hurting?
Are you facing a difficult situation?
A caring friend will be there to pray with you in your time of need.